Greek Week 2019 Philanthropy
Local Philanthropy: Pantry for Adair County (PAC)
The Pantry for Adair County was founded in 2014 and moved into their new building in July 2018. Their purpose is to assist in providing supplemental food for those food insecure residents of Adair County, MO. The mission of the new Pantry for Adair County is to help curb the high rates for food insecurity found in the area and look to bridge the gap in people’s monthly expenses. They currently feed around 775 people in the Kirksville community each month. In an area where 17.8% of the population is food insecure, this organization is making a huge impact and is looking to make an even bigger one. Together as a community, we can help them in their mission.
Past Greek Week Philanthropies:
All monies were raised by Greek students.
- 2018: $25,000, The Imagination Library
- 2017: $19,868, Halo Foundation and Field of Dreams Rescue
- 2016: $22,147.57, Heart to Heart International
- 2015: $20,851, Greek Scholarships, ANAD, and NEMO Inclusion Project
- Read more about it here.
- 2014: $16,000, Greek Scholarships and Victim Support Services
- 2013: $6,815, Greek Scholarships and Food 4 Kids
- 2012: $6,4740, Greek Scholarship and Children’s Miracle Network
- 2011: $8,740, I Think I Can Foundation
- 2010: $5,500
- 2009: $13,000, Make a Wish Foundation