Greek Week 2018 Philanthropy
Local Philanthropy: The Imagination Library
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a book gifting program that mails free books to children from birth to age five in participating communities within the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. Currently, 1,172,585 kids are registered across the world and 99,719,530 books have been mailed. The short-term effects of this program are that it has increased the home literacy environments, increased attitudes toward reading and motivation to read among children and caregivers, and increased interactions between caregivers and children during book reading. Long-term, this program has proven to increase emerging literacy skills and enhanced kindergarten readiness. Because the Kiwanis Club is sponsoring this program locally, 100% of all funds raised will remain in the community.
Past Greek Week Philanthropies:
All monies were raised by Greek students.
- 2016: $22,147.57, Heart to Heart International
- 2015: $20,851, Greek Scholarships, ANAD, and NEMO Inclusion Project
- Read more about it here.
- 2014: $16,000, Greek Scholarships and Victim Support Services
- 2013: $6,815, Greek Scholarships and Food 4 Kids
- 2012: $6,4740, Greek Scholarship and Children’s Miracle Network
- 2011: $8,740, I Think I Can Foundation
- 2010: $5,500
- 2009: $13,000, Make a Wish Foundation